George-Henri TriboutFrench, 1884-1962
George Henri Tribout was born in Paris in 1884. He studied at the Universite de Notre Dame in Boulogne.
Tribout attended the Academie Julian in 1904-1905. He started painting in the Cubist style and exhibited at the Salon des Independants in 1909, he showed a portrait of his friend Emile Verhauey. At the time he lived in Saint Cloud and he was friend with Ensor, Montald, and Stephen Zweig, who all advised him on his painting.
During the First World War he was with Forain, Guiraud de Scevoia and many other artists in the “Camouflage” in the French Army.
After the war he painted landscapes and portraits and exhibited at the Galerie Alligons in Paris, his works were permanently displayed there. Tribout was included in expositions of ceramics at L’Exposition des Arts Decoratifs in 1925, in Paris. At this time Tribout also designed posters, costumes theatrical sets and ceramics. Manufacture de Sevres produced some of his ceramics.